Football Unites, Racism Divides Educational Trust is currently looking for two people to join its staff team:
1. Events organiser (part time) to be responsible for the production of events from conception through to completion. The person needs to be self- motivated and enjoy interacting with young people.
The successful applicant will be able to initiate and develop youth related projects and manage volunteers in the developing and implementing of events throughout the year.
The successful applicant should possess:
- An event management qualification or experience of working within the events field,
- Qualifications or experience of working with young people ages 16-25
This post is for 15 hours per week, with the working pattern negotiable; and is funded for one year. Rates of pay to be discussed at the interview.
Closing date for all applications is: Monday 4th January 2010
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 12th January 2010
For more information and an application form, download the documents from this webpage, or contact Football Unites, Racism Divides either by post, by phone on 0114 255 3156, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Howard Holmes or Lisa Sultanti on the above number.
2. Research officer (full time)
Football - a shared sense of belonging?
Football Unites, Racism Divides (FURD) Educational Trust has been awarded a Big Lottery Grant to carry out a three year research project examining the role that football may play in the process of creating a sense of mutual belonging amongst new migrants and existing communities.
The successful applicant will have:
- A PhD (or be close to completion) in a relevant discipline.
- Expertise in the use of qualitative research methods.
- An understanding of, and commitment to community-based research.
- An interest in issues surrounding football, equality and social cohesion.
This post is a three year fixed term contract starting January 2010 and is based in Sheffield.
Salary £35,000 per annum
Closing date: Thursday 17th December
Interviews: Wednesday 13th January
The job description, person specification and standard application form can be downloaded from this webpage, or to request a printed copy, contact Football Unites, Racism Divides either by post, by phone on 0114 255 3156, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Howard Holmes on the above number.